Tuesday 29 November 2011

Adventures in bag-making...

I made a bag!  What I'd like to think of as a proper bag, from a proper pattern.





I spotted the fabric way back at M is for Make but I think it is out of stock now. The grey fabric is a great weight, slightly heavier than quilting cotton.




This was my little adjustment I made that I gave a glimpse of here and it has worked out just fine. I don't get along with bags that are supposed to just perch on my shoulder. I have the wrong kind of shoulders.  It doesn't matter though because you can get little metal things and webbing to make things all better.





It holds everything I need it to hold and very nicely too.


****************


I am going to do my November Scavenger Hunt post tomorrow and then I have decided that I need to get back in to my blog and am going to attempt a blogging Advent Calendar again.

10 comments:

  1. Such a lovely bag. I have had a new bag on my to make list for at least 6 months!

    Blogging advent calendar sounds great. We're doing one activity per day so maybe I'll try to join you, at least with a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That webbing idea worked really well - bag looks fab and I'm looking forward to your blogging advent calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely bag! The fabrics really work well together - hope you will join my giveaway - more patterns!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ETSY!

    Truly.

    And I have the same shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And what a gorgeous bag it is! Love the fabric and the shape of it and love your improvements - longer straps are definitely better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is really lovely. And yes, someone said Etsy...there are bound to be tons of folk interested to have such a bag...

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fabulous. Lovely and sophisticated at the same time. And I totally agree with you about sling bags--so much better.

    Ditto the etsy comment!

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous bag... I'm still dithering whether to do the blogging advent calender again. But it was fun last year... so maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a gorgeous bag. I can't manage to keep shoulder bags on my shoulder, either.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...