Monday 1 August 2011

Looking...

...backwards...

Thoughts from the christening:


  • I found this picture on Pinterest the night before the christening so I got up at 5am on the morning of it to replicate it for my Godchildren.  (They love me calling them that!)  I decided to find some photos of them when they were much younger rather than how they are now.  I think they were pleased. 




  • The food was just the right amount and hugely appreciated by everybody.  Phew.  Fancy trying a new quiche/flan?  This one was delicious.




  • It wasn't so appreciated when three people shrieked in unison "eek, there's a rat".  Ooops.  The downside of having the chicken coop near the deck.

~~~~~~~~~~~

  • On the subject of chickens, I lost my two lovely new girls to a fox last week.  I'm trying not to feel guilty as I loved the fact that they free-ranged around my garden.  Flossie is lonely and has been following Pip or me around like a lost sheep.  I will get a couple more once I am back from my summer holiday.  I'm not enjoying buying eggs for the first time in nearly four years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

  • I took my youngest nephew and niece to Kew last week.  It was far from the sedate stroll around that I am used to.  I hardly took any photographs either as someone commandeered my camera.



  • I took them up on the Rhizotron and Xstrata Treetop Walkway.  They ran round several times while I clung to the rail, not enjoying the height and the wobbliness.  It was good to get a different perspective though.




  • Looking back up was fun too.





  • As was playing on logs.





~~~~~~~~~~~


Looking forward...

  • to making a quilt each for the boys for their christening presents.  I had to give them an IOU as it was all a bit last minute.  I'm loving the joys of chain-piecing.





  • To tasting the first ripe tomatoes from the garden.  Warm from the sun, together with perhaps some mozzarella and avocado.




  • And a holiday in the sun sometime soon and hopefully balmy days of August for the rest of the summer holidays.
What are you looking forward to?


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post full of cheer and happiness. I love the photo of those kids on the log. Aren't they gorgeous!
    I'm sorry to hear about your chickens. Buying eggs is not quite the same is it!
    Looking forward to seeing the quilts as you make them.
    Have a great day,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to a walk in Kew with two lovely people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about your chickens...

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...