Saturday 9 April 2011

Zoom…

I always forget, so am pleasantly surprised, when I realise that for the months of February and March, if you pay by direct debit, you don’t have to pay for your monthly council tax bill.  Living in London, it is my highest monthly bill, so to get a reprieve is a real bonus.

 

Baby blue tit on blossom

:: baby blue tit ::

So… having a bit of spare cash and spotting a very good deal on Amazon (33% off) I treated myself to a new lens for my camera and I am LOVING it.

 

Blue tit (2)

 

I don’t know all the technical terms for photography (yet… one day… ) but I know that I can get some great shots of the birds visiting the feeders in the garden:

 

Robin on feeder

 

Robin on perch

 

Or helping themselves to the new buds on the blossom tree:

 

Robin on blossom

 

Pigeon in blossom

 

Some nicely captured sunlight on acid green new leaves:

 

Spring sunlight on new leaves

 

Spring sunlit leaves

 

And some more (!) shots of the white blossom at the bottom of the garden:

 

White blossom full flower

 

White blossom (2)

16 comments:

  1. Wow, those bird shots are amazing. I've been quite happy with my compact camera, till now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning photos, brilliant! glad you could treat yourself too. Happy Spring snapping x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What stunning photographs - they look so professional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that looks like a mighty good investment indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I think it was a good investment:) More beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that was money well spent! Love those photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how wonderful! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those pictures are amazing! The lens was worth every penny--unlike council taxes!

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that is one cracking lense, must save up for a new one for my camera - what lense did you go for?

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous! and your blossom, so much further ahead than ours......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos!! (Did I say that on your last post? Quite possibly, but it's true!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beauitful photos! Enjoy your new lense

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heck! You make me feel like never taking another photo with my pathetic camera! You pictures are amazing - you make it sound easy but I just can't get to grips with cameras at all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wounderful photos, that new lense gives a lovely clean and crisp image. Very nice blog.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...