Thursday 24 February 2011

February at Kew…

After some debate by email that continued late into Tuesday evening, Kristina and I decided to brave the weather forecast and go to Kew yesterday.

Kew hellebore (2)

I am so glad we did.  I think that the month of February is one that always seems grey, yet is filled with the promise of new growth and spring.

Kew pink camellia close-up

Kew didn’t disappoint and the early spring bulbs were just the antidote to the rain and drizzle.

Kew white crocus

 

Kew February bulbs

Kew blue bulbs

 

Kew scilla

Kew snowdrops and silver birch

 

I think I’ll let the photos speak for themselves.

 

We thought these snowdrops looked stunning set amongst this wonderful almost black grass.

 

Kew snowdrops with black grass

4 comments:

  1. Lovely lovely photos Tracy! And fab apron in below post. I've had that pattern for longer than I remember, and suspect it's beyond my basic sewing ability.

    Yay for Spring flowers to brighten our days!

    D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are gorgeous and I especially love the Hellebore. I'll be looking out for those in my garden in July these year when I'm desperate for some colour in winter.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your photos turned out amazingly! Already looking forward to March...

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raindrops on petals looks wonderfully refreshing -- in the photographs at least! I'm not a winter-lover, and make no bones about it; but the one truly heavenly thing about English spring is that the flowers get started so early. I am willing to trade lots of gray days for that pleasure . . . so beautifully captured in your photographs at Kew.

    No daffs in Berkshire yet, but they are on the verge.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...