Thursday 21 January 2010

Day tripper...




My excursion to meet Kristina last week had to be abandoned because of problems on the train so was hastily rearranged for today.  We went to Tikki Patchwork in Kew.  Any excuse to peruse fabric!  It is a wonderful little shop, well worth a visit if fabric and all things quilty float your boat.





There is nothing I like more than seeing a spectrum of colour in any shape or form, so there was lots to please me here.  I was looking for a couple of specific colours for some future projects...



...some thread for hand-quilting Harry and Max's quilts...



...and some essential bits and bobs that I'd run out of.




We had both coffee and lunch - we took the train one stop further to Richmond and had a delicious baguette in Paul.  Over lunch we discussed a joint venture that we have planned.  Colours were picked over and a game plan agreed.  It's a hooky project...  All will be revealed soon...  ish!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, you lucky pair! A great day out and lunch in my favourite cafe to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do love a good day trip... I used to live in Kew Gardens in London, and I am quite jealous. It looks like a lovely shop too. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came across your blog and found it most entertaining!
    I will keep a note of it in future!
    Joanna @ cowslipsandclover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm...I love those blue fabrics - I can't help myself! I am so glad that you had a lovely day out together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't quilt, but these fabrics make me seriously consider taking it up as a new hobby! My daughter got a sewing machine for Xmas and now we are all about fabric. This cute shops runs rings around our local (Newbury) options.

    It's nice to see all of that PINK on this gray day; thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for such a super day out! And think I might be able to persuade G to take me to Hampton Hill tomorrow...will keep you posted! K x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my, I am totally drooling over your lovely fabrics. Even the spools of thread and pins look utterly charming in your photos. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these Kaffe fabrics! They're a great antidote to this grey weather. Oof, I loved Kristina's one too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...