Sunday 25 October 2009

Full of beans...

It's been another productive week but I have come to a bit of a standstill on the quilting front because the batting I ordered from here is out of stock. So I have not one but TWO quilt fronts and backs waiting to be hand-quilted now. They are sitting patiently in my workroom.


So, it has given me a chance to play hooky again and finish off making a little something for Jasmine to go with her quilt. It's not quite finished but I will tease you with a few snippets in the meantime:



They are the perfect weight and size, but I'm not eating them.



I tried a brad and embroidery but then settled for a button.



Then I made a fluffy pompom.



I've rummaged through the scraps from the quilt and have used some fusible interfacing for the finishing touches which just need to be sewn on...

6 comments:

  1. It really does!! At first I thought it might be a little cardi - then I thought maybe a hat with that pom pom on top but the soya beans don't go with either - so my guess is a soya bean pink bunny...

    Looking forward to see what it really is!!

    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing... I hope you'll let us see what it is. I think it might be a pink bunny too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have said this before but I love how you put colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing the finished result. Whatever it is, it looks really tactile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your supplies arrive soon - looks like you are on a roll. Love the fabrics in the top photo!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...