Friday 26 October 2007

New Arrivals...

Today I welcomed 2 new faces to our household...


Lily is a Ginger Russet and Flossie is a Miss Pepperpot. They came complete with a fantastic, purple chicken house. My garden was crying out for chickens and the anticipation on collecting our first egg is so exciting.
The dogs have had a good sniff around but won't be able to meet them snout to beak for another 2 weeks. The girls need to stay in their run for a fortnight to get used to their new home. They both enjoyed a slice of marmite on toast as a welcome meal and have now settled down for the night.
The rest of the day has been spent perusing the shelves of Borders looking for 'touchy feely' books to add to the library at school. I work in a Special School so am always on the lookout for multi-sensory additions for the children to explore.
My son is off to an All Night Game-a-thon with his Scout Pack so an evening of quiet embroidery awaits along with this weeks episode of Spooks...

1 comment:

  1. I spent months and months last year coveting one of these. Then finally the reality of chicken s*** in a smallish garden with 2 children crushed my dreams.

    Hoping to live them vicariously through your lovely girls.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...